She listened as her aunts talked. What were they talking about? Nothing they said made any sense. 17…she was 17, and the closest thing they had to a daughter. But what did they mean by awaken? The girl woke up every day. And what was it she couldn’t remember? Was it her parents? What had really happened to them? The girl wrote the things she had over heard in a black journal. Then she went to the room at the other end of the hall and quietly closed the door. From inside her dresser she pulled out a tissue box. Carefully, she lifted the layer of tissues up and put her journal underneath, it would do as a hiding place for the time being.
These are thoughts that I had today. There isn’t enough to write about each one by themselves.
1. Seriously? You said this quiz would be easy, it’s fill in the blank with no word bank, if I didn’t have experience in this I would be totally lost.
2. Notes! Notes! Where did they go? Nargles!
3. Can you walk? I know it’s hard but I would like to get to class before the bell. MOVE IT!
4. Fractions as exponents, because I’m not paranoid the world really is out to get me
5. I really like math, as long as I only have to do one problem.
6. Why is the other class, which is supposed to be the same class, doing easier work? Can I transfer back to that class? I have no idea what is going on here. This is really unfair they get the same credit and less work.
7. How can a teacher force me to sell things… Is this not illegal?
8. How can a teacher force me to pay money to enter a contest I don’t want to enter?
9. I feel like this should be a list of ten
10. People! Must hide blog
“She’s 17 she should have remembered by now, at least there should be some sign”
“It’s just taking longer this time, that’s all”
“What if something is wrong?”
“So what if it is? She isn’t hurt and there aren’t any clues as to what could be causing this. We have no choice but to wait for something to happen.”
“We’ve been waiting her whole life for something to happen, I am tired of waiting for a shoe to drop, and what if it never does? What will happen the next time she awakens? Or will she ever awaken again at all?”
“Still, it changes nothing, there is nothing we can do.”
“We could try to do something”
“Like what? We’ve run every test and researched for years. We’re experts, this has never happened. We have to hope that nothing has happened.”
“She’s our daughter, we can’t just leave her!”
“We are not leaving her.”
“We might as well.”
“Don’t you ever say that.”
The two women stand talking in the room unaware they are being watched.
I had some spare time and was reading some blogs I like when this came up. http://sundaysbreeze.wordpress.com/2015/01/04/new-year-new-health/ It really spoke to me, sometimes I need to relax a bit and not be too hard on myself, though sometimes I need to be harder. I wasn’t going to post for the new year because I don’t really have any resolutions, I want things to work out as they will and I like being myself. I feel that this post needs to be read and hope that you do so.
Happy New Year! 🙂